web analytics
Help with my Masonry BBQ Project - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Help with my Masonry BBQ Project

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my Masonry BBQ Project

I've been looking at the prefab BBQ's here and between the prices and quality I 'm now thinking about building my own version of one for open hearth cooking and for my paellas.

I'm thinking about doing a large (1 meter +/-) open work surface against a concrete wall. I talked with a friend about using firebrick on the wall and he suggested I should use a ceramic tile for the back wall surface so it could be cleaned. (are there special tiles for this?)

Here's my current thinking....

Concrete blocks for the base, keeping it about thigh high.
    Build in a central ash repository under a steel plate..... so I can sweep hot or cold ashes into a central pit and clean it out later.
    Put a firebrick layer on the flat hearth surface.
    Put a second firebrick layer around the hearth edge for ash control.
    Put firebrick or tile on the back surface of the wall.
    Use a Tuscan Grill setup for BBQ foods and a paella stand for my rices.
    Heat and eat....

Should I also include sides and/or a chimney? I was going to go without them to make the paellas easier....

Does anyone have pictures, plans or other ideas for such a project?

If you have one, post a picture for me, THANKS!!
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!