web analytics
installing Toscana 90 on a slab granite countertop - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

installing Toscana 90 on a slab granite countertop

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installing Toscana 90 on a slab granite countertop

Hi. New here and am hoping to order the pre-assembled Toscana 90 and place it on custom welded stand with a slab granite top. I have been told that the oven comes on a pallet and that there is really no good way to get it off that pallet before placing it in it's final location. Anybody out there willing to share their pre-assembled Toscana experiences? How do I deal with the pallet? Is it possible to place the oven on the granite relatively accurately and gently enough not to damage the stone? Any experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Re: installing Toscana 90 on a slab granite countertop

I too had the same exact question about the shipping crate and the piece of wood beneath the oven. My Mason feels that a piece of wood should NOT be beneath oven, as it will rot and may warp the base. How to take the wood out before placing the oven on the masonry platform? I called fornobravo Customer service, but as of today, have not heard a response. A techician came on the phone and suggested using 2 forklifts. However, I'm not a contractor and just to get 1 forklift to my home to off load the oven is costing $400. I feel that there should be some built in recess in the base of the oven to allow a forklift to lift oven off of plywood base on pallet, but what do I know?
    If anyone has a solution to this, please post a reply.