I've completed the first few courses, but in truth it hasn't gone too well. Due to nothing other than carelessness on my part (especially as I have the right tools), the first course wasn't perfectly square, and rather stupidly I figured that I could correct it with each successive course. I did actually manage to do that, but the first two rows of the rear wall were obviously wrong (as viewed from the kitchen window) and I decided that I just couldn't live with it like that. So today, I took out three bricks as you can see, which I will re-lay when it stops raining. Luckily the bond is pretty strong and I had some difficulty with this. At least it didn't collapse! The pointing isn't too great either, but I am not a builder and I am learning fast! There will be another central wall going from left to right, same thickness as the back wall, so the base as viewed from above will look like a letter 'E'. Therefore there will be two log storage bays accessible from the side. Overall size is 1200 x 1500mm, and the oven assembly (which is quite small) will sit on four pavers, each 600 x 750mm. At least (so far) it's all perfectly level, so here's hoping for the best...
Forum Issues Update
Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
Here we go... But had a setback already!