web analytics
Dimensions - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Dimensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimensions

I have built a few ovens in my time and of course have read everything I could on the subjuct beforehand, A few times I have read of Russian and Finnish Gov's testing ovens to find the perfect domensions for the perfect oven but have never found the actual results from the experiments, Just hear say I persume.
    I wish to build a 110 (43") oven (Precast in sections( Refractory)) so with this diameter what height should the dome be, height and width of the door opening, best length of the porch and where is the best place for the flu. any ideas welcome. thank you

Re: Dimensions

The key dimension is that the door height is 63% of the inside oven height. This ratio is considered optimum for heat transfer of the burning fumes to the brick before the fumes cool and exit the opening.

The door width / ratio is not critical.

The other dimension often used is the "elliptical" shape or low dome shape that is considered optimal for pizza cooking. This has the inside height at about 90% of the inside radius.

The siting of the flue and porch length is not as critical. One consideration with respect to the porch or landing is the distance you would have to reach in to tend the fire and cooking.

Comment

The siting of the flue and porch length is not as critical.
      An important caveat to this is that the original poster is from Central America, where there are a lot of "hornos" that have the vent going up from the inside of the dome. This is absolutely not a good idea.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

sonomacast, why don't you just download the plans for the 42" fb oven. That will give you all the information you need. 43" is not much different than a 42" oven. If you want the basic geodesic dome can be obtained with the "indispensable tool" easily.
        Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Working...
        X