web analytics
Weatherproof render/stucco - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Weatherproof render/stucco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weatherproof render/stucco

Hi guys,

I'm making a pretty basic oven and have just completed my insulation stage. I would really appreciate some advice on the making my render/stucco weatherproof. Are there any additives that I should include to give it good protection against the elements? Also, are there any advantages in making this final layer extra thick, or would a 10mm render suffice?

Thanks for all your help over the journey FB gang!

Re: Weatherproof render/stucco

I do not have an answer to that question but I personally am counting on the liberal coats of exterior paint to protect it from the weather.
    Attached Files

Comment

After the three coats of stucco (scratch, 2 top coats) after it cures it should be weatherproof. I painted mine with exterior latex and its been fine. With thick insulation there's no heat transfer from inside to the stucco to degrade the paint.

Comment

Iv been told something called DryBond would be great after the first coat of stucco but before you color or last coat. I am still having a hard time finding it thought... Iv been looking for a waterproof substance as well...

Comment

Working...
        X