web analytics
How many Bricks are needed??? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

How many Bricks are needed???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Bricks are needed???

Does anyone know how many bricks are needed to make a 40 inch pompeii pizza oven. I am about to purchase 230mm x 113mm x 50mm. The first course I worked out to be 24 half bricks or 12 full bricks. Is there a formula to work it out?

Cheers

Kriso

Re: How many Bricks are needed???

Originally posted by kriso View Post
    The first course I worked out to be 24 half bricks or 12 full bricks. Is there a formula to work it out?
    24 bats for the first course doesnt sound enough?
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

If he doesn't use them as soldier course.. then that should be about right?

I used about 260, 123x57x257mm fire bricks but my oven is more like 45.5 incher... yeah I know it's a big oven but I hadn't stumbled upon this site when I started it.. which led to few other mistakes I could have avoided if I had. But it still cooks good pizza and doesn't seem to leak too much heat, so I guess it isn't too bad for first oven.
      Last edited by Laku; 11-29-2010, 01:27 PM. Reason: corrects conversion to inches

Comment

OK.

Each course should reduce by 1 brick (ish).
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
        X