web analytics
Bicycle trailer oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Bicycle trailer oven

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicycle trailer oven

I'm planning to build a pizza oven on a trailer that i can tow behind a bicycle.
    Obviously this throws up a lot of design challenges and most traditional materials are out.

The basic concept at the moment is to make a very small oven, only big enough for the fire and a snack sized pizza.
    Obviously we need a good hearth and are willing to concede some weight here.
    Using sheet metal and air pocket insulation is my current plan for reducing weight. Perhaps modifying a keg?

If anyone has seen or built one of these, has tips on lightweight materials or other ideas, their input would be much appreciated.

Re: Bicycle trailer oven

Hello Timbersmith,

Your quest is not uncommon. Lots of us have wanted to take this 'pizza show on the road'.

I built a 'light weight' oven and have enjoyed having the thing. It is great to be able to make a good pizza most anywhere you can go. This is the link to the story about the oven I made. It is a direct copy from an oven that a guy named Brookencookie made, and he reports good results from his oven also.

There are several different ovens that have been built from materials other than masonry; along the portable line. If you search this forum with the phrase "portable pizza" you will have access to several discussions about, and construction stories detailing the building of light weight ovens. You should be able to design an oven that will work with the materials you have available after educating yourself with the stories from others.

What materials do you have available? What materials can you fabricate? How much of a budget do you have for this project? These are the questions you will need to detail as you design your project

Good luck, and keep us posted with your story about your build! Do send along pictures and write with any questions. We might be able to help with the details.

Re: Bicycle trailer oven

I hope Wellington is as flat as a billiard table

No, seriously, heavy things can be moved by bicycle trailer. Here's an outfit that moved the entire contents of a commercial bakery by bike in Philadelphia:

Pedal Co-Op | Helping Local Businesses Go Green
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2