web analytics
Hardibacker question - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Hardibacker question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardibacker question

I'm about to cut my sheets of Hardibacker, and need advise on what to do...
    I've framed the stand to support the Hardibacker sheets. Do I cut the Hardibacker to fit just inside my wood form which would cover the cement blocks, or do I cut the Hardibacker so that it fits inside of the cement blocks and sits only on my wood frame? Seems like I've seen it both ways. I filled every other cement block with concrete/rebar, and stuffed empty concrete bags in the other holes. If I install the Hardibacker over the cement blocks, then the hearth is just laying on the cement stand correct? I'm following directions on the Casa2g110 installation guide.

Re: Hardibacker question

Brad,

I did mine so it sat inside the blocks and on the frame; I used plywood which I removed after everything dried so I could reuse it. I do agree that it seems like 6 of 1 and half of another..although if it was an expense you could cut out....Have fun whatever you decide.

Peter
    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Working...
    X