web analytics
Square bricks - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Square bricks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square bricks

Hi everybody...

Thanks so much for all the useful information!

I was able to find some cheap 20x20x9 cm (7 3/4 x 7 3/4 x 3 1/2 in) firebricks. I was wondering if for the dome, I should cut them in half twice, creating four 3 7/8 x 3 7/8 x 3 1/2 inch pieces from each brick, thus making each chain 3 7/8" tall; or just use whole bricks making each chain 7 3/4" tall.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly apperciated...

Santi

Re: Square bricks

Hi Santi,
    it would depend on the oven size that you intend to build.
    If you were planning a larger, 42" or larger, I would use the full brick height on edge but a smaller oven will need significant cutting to get a nice clean smooth line for your oven interior.. Maybe for your soldier course use full bricks on edge, then the next 2 courses, use half bricks and then your planned 1/4 bricks from then to the top.

Neill
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neillís kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Re: Square bricks

Hi Neill,

I'm planning to build a 48" oven (we love our whole pigs in South America!)... Would you still recommend the same layout: whole height for soldiers, half for two courses, ant fourths for the rest?

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X