web analytics
calcium aluminate, fondu, lumnite help - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

calcium aluminate, fondu, lumnite help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calcium aluminate, fondu, lumnite help

I am having a hard time finding a supplier for (10) 94lb bags of calcium aluminate for an oven. It is also refered to as Fondue, or Lumnite. I'm sure that the information is on here but I haven't had any luck. Please let me know if anyone has any help. I am located in Eastern Pennsylvania.

Re: calcium aluminate, fondu, lumnite help

From the quantity you are looking for I assume you are going to cast an oven. I highly recommend a commercial castable refractory for that use as opposed to a home made mix using Calcium Aluminate cement.

Comment

Re: calcium aluminate, fondu, lumnite help

Also you may have better luck with searching using Fondu as the spelling. When I bought the Fondu I used it came in smaller sized bags than the usual 94 lbs. You know the reason for the 94 lbs? It is because that is the weight of a cubic foot of portland type cement. Concrete is mixed/measured by volume rather than by weight. Fondu is a specialty item and as such comes in smaller bags.

Hope this helps,
      Wiley

Comment

Working...
      X