web analytics
9 X 18 X 4.5 inch fire brick - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

9 X 18 X 4.5 inch fire brick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 X 18 X 4.5 inch fire brick

I am at the beginning of my building process and have found some new 9 X 18 X 4.5 inch fire brick at a good price. My question is, is there a problem using larger fire bricks for the hearth and possibly sidewalls (both would be 4.5 inches thick)? Looking for pros/cons of larger fire brick slabs.

Thanks

Jerry

Re: 9 X 18 X 4.5 inch fire brick

A great place to start in the forums is here http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/n...res-15133.html

The standard Pompei design uses 4.5 inch thick walls on the dome. The floor is either 2 or 2.5 inches thick. The thicker the oven - the longer to heat (more wood required) and (if adequately insulated) the longer it will retain heat.

Cheers

dvm
    Last edited by dvm; 07-08-2012, 10:49 PM.
    dvm

My road to pizza is documented here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ome-17755.html
    sigpic

Comment

Re: 9 X 18 X 4.5 inch fire brick

Hey Garlic Breath,

Suitable name for a WFOer, Check out DerkP, he used this size brick in his hearth floor, and I think the side walls (he did a barrel). The hardest part of using bricks this size is have a saw big enough to cut them.
      Russell

Link to my Picasa Album
      https://plus.google.com/photos/10287...21083003687777

Comment

Working...
      X