web analytics
fire clay? California - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

fire clay? California

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire clay? California

I am looking to mix my own mortar for my dome. everywhere sells what they call fire clay, but one guy I talked with at the local supply store said that its not a true fire clay. here in california you are not aloud to build wood burning fire places any more. so no one sells true fire clay. from what i have read i have seen no mention of different types of fire clay. my question is - can i use the fire clay every one carries, and if not where can i get the real stuff without ordering it over the internet? I live in marin county California.
    thank you

Re: fire clay? California

Muddox makes a fireclay, or mortar clay. It comes out of Sacramento. $5 a bag at Home Depot. It works great. It is probably available in your area at Home Depot too.