web analytics
Brick size - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Brick size

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brick size

Ok, I am ready to pick up my brick.
    The instructions show two sizes of brick. I have found a 9 x 2 1/4 x 4 and an
    8 3/4 x 2 1/2 x 4 1/4.
    The nine inch will give me a slightly thicher dome. Does it really make any difference which brick size I use?
    I am leaning towards the full 9" brick with the slightly smaller width and thickness, it should make the dome curves a little easier to achieve with the smaller measurements of the width and thickness.
    Also, most of the pictures I have seen on this site use a fire brick for the vent arch. The materials list says common bricks. I am thinking I should use firebricks because the heat at that area will still be very high. Thanks.
    Gino

Re: Brick size

Are you sure on the size of the smaller brick? As given, that is not modular.

Comment

The measurements are two different suppliers within range of my home.
      I am going with the 9 x 2 1/4 x 4 . They may be 1/4 more or less but thats what the salesman told me on the phone.
      Gino

Comment

From what I read up, most firebricks are 9 x 4.5. That way you can do herringbone and other layouts with good overlay.

Comment

I did not think of that, if its really only 4" as the salesman said then I cant make the herringbone floor as I need to do. Unless I cut the length and I dont want to have to do that.
          Gino

Comment

Working...
          X