web analytics
Insulated flue pipe material? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Insulated flue pipe material?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulated flue pipe material?

I found this advertised for sale not too far from home. It is listed as a 3-layer pipe for a stove. It is a little tall (54"). I have inquired about it's inside diameter (needs to be 8" min) and metal make-up.

Does it look like the inner pipe is galvanized steel? Usable?

John
    Attached Files

Re: Insulated flue pipe material?

Don't know but I located at the local Home Depot five (5) 24" lengths of duravent 6" (8" outside) stainless double wall chimney flue. This is the exact same pipe that is sold in the forno bravo store, and I got each one for- get this- $10. All stacked on a flat bed and when I questioned the nearest employee, he said that it wasn't normal stock, so they were clearing it out. I bought it all. I will make you a good but nevertheless profitable deal. If I don't sell it all, I will have the tallest chimney in the state.

Comment

Re: Insulated flue pipe material?

As far as mortar around the flue piep (single wall), I found that a local building products supplier had firplace high-temp mortar and silicone sealer that came in the small sized tube for a caulking gun. I have mortared rock up and around the flue, and plan to finish up tight to th e flue wiht the high temp mortar. Then let it cure some and I expect it to shrink away slightly from the flue, then seal wiht the high temp silicone sealer (450-500 degree stuff) and hope that seals the exterior from water entry around the flue.

Comment

Working...
      X