web analytics
Where in Riverside CA - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

I'm Peter Reinhart! Ask Me Anything! Monday, February 15, 2016 7:00-8:00 pm EST

To kick off our AMA feature, we have invited author, chef and master bread maker and host of Pizza Quest, Peter Reinhart, to be our first host! Peter will be in the Forum on Monday, February 15th, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST. If you are unable to be online during the live session, you can post your questions in the sticky post. Peter will answer those questions during the live session on February 15th. You can view Peter's answers to your questions as well as what happened during the live session in the session thread.

Ask Me Anything New Forum Feature

You will notice a new forum at the top of the main page called, "Ask Me Anything". This forum will be used for live one hour "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) sessions hosted by people who are knowledgeable in different areas pertaining to wood fired ovens. How it works:
- Each AMA will have a "sticky" thread where the community can post questions they would like answered during the live session. This will allow everyone to participate even if you can't be online for the live session. These questions will not be answered by the host until the live AMA; if you need an answer quickly, you should post it in the appropriate Forum area for the community to respond.
- Another thread will be posted for the live AMA. Registered users who are logged in during the live session can interact with the host by asking questions and receiving responses.
- The live thread will remain in the AMA forum to view after the session.

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Please let us know if there is a topic that you'd like to have as an AMA and we'll look for a host!

Forno Bravo
See more
See less

Where in Riverside CA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in Riverside CA

Hi
    I am new to the forum and within New to building a Pizza oven. I only ran across this site 2 to 3 weeks ago. I have just about ran myself ragged trying to find any materials I can use within 400 miles. I so far have only been able to find fire clay and that almost 50 miles away. Being that I have only started I am sure I will find something some where. I would like to ask if anyone lives on the north east side of L.A. if they have any places where I can get the materials. I found a place for bricks on the INTERNET for $2.17 a piece but they wanted $2200 to ship a little over 400 bricks.
    I contacted Rutland and they sent a list of resellers and so far none sell any products I need that Rutland makes. Rumford like wise although 1 had another makes oven they wanted to sell me.

I don't mind some driving or even paying for shipping but to pay $5.00 shipping to get a $2.17 brick delivered was out of the question. Even here shipping Pompeii90 Oven Kit costs me. $960.00. almost doubling the cost

So I really need to find the materials close. For one thing I need to stretch out the cost over a couple of months.

I would really like to get castable refractory cement. As I would like to make my own parts and bricks.

If you have a vendor who seems to ship at a reasonable price I would be interested also.

Thank you
    Hank
    Last edited by Hank10746; 08-09-2011, 07:51 AM.

Re: Where in Riverside CA

There's a place in Corona that sells fire bricks. PM me and I'll fill you in.

Comment

Re: Where in Riverside CA

Foundry service and supply in Santa Fe Springs, Pacific inslulation around SoCal, Pacific Clay for firebrick seconds in Elsinore.

Give them all a try and don't forget the FB kit would ship..

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X