web analytics
Where in Riverside CA - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Where in Riverside CA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where in Riverside CA

Hi
    I am new to the forum and within New to building a Pizza oven. I only ran across this site 2 to 3 weeks ago. I have just about ran myself ragged trying to find any materials I can use within 400 miles. I so far have only been able to find fire clay and that almost 50 miles away. Being that I have only started I am sure I will find something some where. I would like to ask if anyone lives on the north east side of L.A. if they have any places where I can get the materials. I found a place for bricks on the INTERNET for $2.17 a piece but they wanted $2200 to ship a little over 400 bricks.
    I contacted Rutland and they sent a list of resellers and so far none sell any products I need that Rutland makes. Rumford like wise although 1 had another makes oven they wanted to sell me.

I don't mind some driving or even paying for shipping but to pay $5.00 shipping to get a $2.17 brick delivered was out of the question. Even here shipping Pompeii90 Oven Kit costs me. $960.00. almost doubling the cost

So I really need to find the materials close. For one thing I need to stretch out the cost over a couple of months.

I would really like to get castable refractory cement. As I would like to make my own parts and bricks.

If you have a vendor who seems to ship at a reasonable price I would be interested also.

Thank you
    Hank
    Last edited by Hank10746; 08-09-2011, 07:51 AM.

Re: Where in Riverside CA

There's a place in Corona that sells fire bricks. PM me and I'll fill you in.

Comment

Re: Where in Riverside CA

Foundry service and supply in Santa Fe Springs, Pacific inslulation around SoCal, Pacific Clay for firebrick seconds in Elsinore.

Give them all a try and don't forget the FB kit would ship..

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X