web analytics
Supplies for building a 36" Brick Oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

New Forno Bravo Forum Feature

Forno Bravo Forum Community,

You will notice a new forum at the top of the main page called, "Ask Me Anything". This forum will be used for live one hour "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) sessions hosted by people who are knowledgeable in different areas pertaining to wood fired ovens. How it works:
- Each AMA will have a "sticky" thread where the community can post questions they would like answered during the live session. This will allow everyone to participate even if you can't be online for the live session. These questions will not be answered by the host until the live AMA; if you need an answer quickly, you should post it in the appropriate Forum area for the community to respond.
- Another thread will be posted for the live AMA. Registered users who are logged in during the live session can interact with the host by asking questions and receiving responses.
- The live thread will remain in the AMA forum to view after the session.

To kick off our AMA feature, we have invited author, chef and master bread maker and host of Pizza Quest, Peter Reinhart, to be our first host! Peter will be in the Forum on Monday, February 15th, from 7:00 - 8:00 pm EST. If you are unable to be online during the live session, you can post your questions in the sticky post. Peter will answer those questions during the live session on February 15th. You can view Peter's answers to your questions as well as what happened during the live session in the session thread.

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Please let us know if there is a topic that you'd like to have as an AMA and we'll look for a host!

Forno Bravo
See more
See less

Supplies for building a 36" Brick Oven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplies for building a 36" Brick Oven

Hello all
    I am planning on building a 36" Brick oven. Thing is, I needa know what I need...

Supplies I have:

TOOLS:
    • Shovel
    • Hammer
    • Hoe
    • Power Drill
    • Nails
    • Sawvivor 15 Inch Saw (I need a hacksaw)
    • Knife

SUPPLIES
    • (6) 80 lbs. Bags of concrete mix
    • Castable Insulation
    • Wood

I know I need a LOT more materials, but i am not exactly sure how much of each. I think I have enough concrete mix, but I need cement or concrete blocks for the base. I am planning on building a base at least 52" wide by 64" deep, and 38" high for the 36" Oven. I will be getting some firebricks from a friend, and will need to buy some. If anyone who has built a 36" Oven can help me, please do. Thanks...

-Anonymous

Re: Supplies for building a 36" Brick Oven

Nevermind, the amount of concrete mix is literally 1/5 of what I need at LEAST!
    I am going to get some firebricks, AKA a LOT of firebricks.

Comment

Jascob, I just filled the cores on my block stand today. My stand is 63" x 63" and 4 courses high of block. I filled every other core (some I did the one next to it too) plus put a chain of block in the middle of the slab. I used 12 bags of 80lb Quikrete today.

You should be able to find everything in the free Pompeii plans on FB's website.

Comment

Santino, Thanks for the reply!
        Filling every other core, what does that do? I mean, how do you put the rebar in? WOuld you mind taking a photo pls?

Comment

I'm just talking about filling every other core of your concrete block for stability. You definitely need to download those free Pompeii plans from the FB store. They will show you pictures of everything. It's 76 pages of ALMOST everything you need to know. Everything else you will learn from the people on here that have built theirs. Read through these and you will learn a lot:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/n...res-15133.html

I would take a picture for you, but as soon as I finished today it started pouring down rain and I have a tarp over it right now.

Comment

Kay, thanks

Comment

Alright
              Does anyone know if I need rebar on the slab too? Thanks
              Last edited by Jascob; 06-13-2011, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X