web analytics
Vermiculite Grades - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Vermiculite Grades

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermiculite Grades

I'm gathering some materials and have found some Vermiculite that is A4 course grade. I don't think this is what I want but just wanted to verify. I tried to search for just A4 and got no results and when I search for vermiculite A4 I got pages upon pages and have not been able to find out yet. Thanks for your help.

Re: Vermiculite Grades

we use #3 for our customers. I think it comes in 4 grades and depends on the "exfoliation" to what grade it becomes. #1 is the smallest, with #4 being the largest.

Regarding searching the forum, it disregards small words (like A4) in its search parameters - so if you need to search for small words, do a Google search specifying the site like this:

a4 vermiculite site:fornobravo.com

However, in this case you'll just turn up your post and another unrelated one.

My Clay Oven build:

the density of the finer vermiculite seems to be the same as the coarse stuff ie the bag seems to feel about as heavy. The finer stuff seems to hold together better, so I'm continuing to prefer it.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

In the New England area vermiculite has much coarser, chunkier and larger paticle size than the Perlite which is a fine, small uniform size. They are both the same composition by the same manufacturer & distributor sold primarily for masonary insulation. The tech data sheets indicate the finer Perlite is 5% better for insulation presumably because of smaller pore space and more uniform filling of spaces. However this may not correlate with a slab application where the mixture is mixed with portland. The chunkier vermiculite alone makes a lumpier courser mixture especially for screeding. A mixture of the two sizes is smoother. The fine perlite alone makes a very smooth mix for final screeding. Glosta