web analytics
HeatStop 50 Augusta GA - Columbia SC - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

HeatStop 50 Augusta GA - Columbia SC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HeatStop 50 Augusta GA - Columbia SC

Does anyone know of a supplier of heatstop 50 or a high heat refractory mortar mix in the Augusta GA or Columbia SC area or even Greenville SC or somewhere in between - it's getting too expensive to buy online

thanks
    Cliff

Re: HeatStop 50 Augusta GA - Columbia SC

Blake Builders Supply
    1111 Memorial Drive
    Griffin, GA 30224
    (800) 229-1444

Boral Bricks Direct
    2462 West Point Ave.
    College Park, GA 30337
    (404) 762-9554

Boral Bricks Direct
    3185 B Pleasnat Hills Rd.
    Deluth, GA 30096
    (700) 476-8106

Contractors Depot
    9 Telfair Place Unit F
    Savannah, GA 31415
    (912) 480-4154

Georgia Masonry Supply
    125 Industrial Park Circle
    Lawrenceville, GA 30045
    (770) 963-5888

Humphries Concrete Block
    6955 Buford Highway
    Doraville`, GA 30340
    (770) 448-1611

Lindemann Chimney Supplt
    3939 Royal Drive NW #143
    Kennesaw, GA 30144
    (678) 354-2412

Maner Builders Supply
    3811 Industrial Blvd.
    Augusta, GA 30917
    (706) 863-6191

North Georgia Brick Co.
    233 Industrial Park Circle
    Cartersville, GA 30120
    (770) 607-7878

North Georgia Brick Co.
    2405 West Oak St
    Cumming, GA 30131
    (770) 886-6555

Comment

Yea most of them do not carry it in stock they can order it but still charge out the XXX for it I was trying to find it in stock for the $50-60 price. I found it in spartenburg and even they wanted 97.00 a bag so I broke down and bought what I need. The markup on this stuff is ridiculous.

Comment

I am in Atlanta and having the same problem. At Humphries, they are charging $125 per bag!!! Others that I have tried (Boral Brick and Ga Masonry Supply) only have the fire clay for $15-22/bag. I called to order the FB masonry, but it is on backorder until June--hoping to be done with my project by then.

Comment

I feel your pain, It seems that nearly every masonry supplier is a dealer of Heatstop products but only a select few actually stock it. When I built my oven 3 yrs ago I only found 2 dealers in central FL that stocked it, maybe another 6 or so that could order it.
          The closest (about 40 minutes away) wanted $80+ per bag, to order from one of the others was $75-$125 a bag PLUS shipping.......Got lucky with the supplier where I purchased my firebrick, bought his last 4 bags (one torn open and taped shut) for $57 a bag, along with their 77 cent firebricks, but I did have to drive about 50 miles each way to pick it all up.

RT

Comment

Yea I found some in spartanburg $97.00 a bag I like the way websites offer it at 50.00 a bag and then $60.00 to ship it. I bought 3 bags and hopefully that will be enough to finish although I may need one more bag. My oven size is interior 56 x 44 I have 1 - 2 more arches to go then closing the front and getting the chimney in place. Getting excited can wait to begin cooking, looking for a July 4th party to break it in hope to start small burns by the 1st week in June.

Comment

Working...
            X