web analytics
how much room do I leave under the chimney cap? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

how much room do I leave under the chimney cap?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much room do I leave under the chimney cap?

Having started my MarkII oven a year and a half ago [and cooking in it steady for a year] I am now slowly getting the ''extras'' seen to , still no roof, but I put in a chimney before the heavy frosts . I welded up one from 12ga.steel 9''x29''x24''high. [inches]
    I put it sitting above the oven arch with a 3'' smoke shelf to the dome side, and it's working great , but I want to put a cap on and am wondering as to the distance above .. I have been advised [by a woodstove designer] to put a 1inch steel band bisecting this space [to prevent cross winds from downdrafting] like most new woodstove chimneys . Is there a standard formulae for this?

Re: how much room do I leave under the chimney cap?

In a round stack it is 2/3 the diameter. Not sure about a rectangular but I will look into it for you tonight.

Comment

Working...
    X