web analytics
Design Styles Page - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Design Styles Page

This is a sticky topic.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Styles Page

We have a page on Forno Bravo.com where we have collected examples of the main oven design styles. Take a look. We are always open to recommendations for good sample ovens and design styles. The link is here:

There is also a PDF that you can download for the worksite.

Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Design Styles Page

I made an interesting observation the other day. The recommended height of the oven door should be about 62.5% of the internal dome height. If you work this out dome height:door height it is 1.6:1 Now the magic ratio or golden mean is 1.618:1 I believe that this is what the Ancient Romans were using for their plans. It is a number that crops up everywhere in nature and was the basis for the design of the Parthenon and Egyptian pyramids. Interesting Hey ?
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

The Golden Mean - perfect proportion, in western eyes, definitely derived from nature. The basis of the studies of Leonardo Pisano, known as Fibonacci (Phi: 1.618. The 'phinest' source to the golden section, golden mean, divine proportion, Fibonacci series and phi, 1.618. Explore its application to art, design, life, beauty, mathematics, geometry, stock markets, theology, cosmology and more.)
      Un amico degli amici.

James - Many thanks for the links to pictures of various ovens. I am most intrigued by the small image of your avatar - where can I see a larger image of those 2 lovely ovens?

thanks, breadgrrrl

You can find the entire record of Jame's build here.

Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog