web analytics
Oil lamps - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Oil lamps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil lamps

I've been thinking lately about how to light my oven. We didn't want to run electricity to the oven, so that's not an option. I suppose I could just use flash lights and lanterns if it's dark, but I was also thinking that oil lamps would look really classic against the oven. I was thinking of a ship lantern hanging from a hook or perhaps a miner's safety lamp from Vermont Lanterns. I'm not really sure how much light they put out, so I may need a flashlight anyhow, but I just like the look of them.

Re: Oil lamps

Papa,

I have just been having the same conversation in my head. I dohave power close to the build but I like the idea od the latern. Have you finished your oven yet?? Or are you still planning. I am going to check out Vermont Lanterns it sound interesting. I know I am addicted I did some rebar work by TIKI torch last night around 11:15

Peter
    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Peter,

I haven't finished my oven yet. I'm building the oven floor and starting the dome this week. I haven't settled on a design, but I know I like the look of the lanterns. So that may lead my design in a particular direction.

Comment

You are well ahead of me I will watch your build with great interest. Yes I have been known to "stalk" but just a little.

Peter
        Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

I like that idea too.. maybe a couple lanterns, one on each side of the stove.. hmmm
          Shay - Centerville, MN

My Outdoor Kitchen/Pompeii WFO Build...

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. I keep thinking of a European street scene with buildings made of stone and large timbers with oil lamps next to the entryways.
            Or something like Threedi's build.
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...e-uk-7017.html
            Last edited by papavino; 06-30-2009, 01:14 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Working...
            X