web analytics
proper size of vent opening - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

proper size of vent opening

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proper size of vent opening

has anyone figured out a ratio for the diameter of the oven to the size of the vent opening?
    i have a 42" floor, and my vent opening can be up to 18" wide. any suggestions for the depth of the opening? optimal with my design would be 12" x 6", but i'm not sure if this will draw well enough.
    overdo it or don't do it at all!

12x6 will be fine -- that's about what mine is (I used a 13x9 clay flue which has rounded corners so the vent actually tapers into something more along the line of 12x6 before entering the flue as I didn't round the corners of the steel). It's about 3' tall.

An 8" diameter chimney is also a good size and matches pretty standard stove chimneys so they're readily available.