web analytics
Stainless Steel Front Entry - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Stainless Steel Front Entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless Steel Front Entry

Need some help. I have covered my oven in metal lather in preparation for stucco. I have carried the insulation to cover the chimney area but I am at a los whether to secure with metal lathe or concrete board/hardibacker. The metal lathe is exactly easy to work worth to create smooth crisp lines around my chimney area. Where should I proceed from here? I have ttached some pictures so everyone can visualize what I'm talking about.
    Attached Files

Re: Stainless Steel Front Entry

I can't see any insulation in your pics. You can secure the blanket's form with some mesh. Most folk then give it a layer of vermicrete to even out all the lumps and bumps, then do a layer of stucco. Or are you intending to build a dog kennel over the thing? Either way you may as well cover the entry in blanket too.
    Last edited by david s; 09-15-2013, 02:03 PM.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

David,

Thanks for the reply. I wanted to show pictures of the metal (dog house) that was supplied by FB for the build before I attached the metal lathe. I went ahead & attached the lathe over the insulation and around the chimney area.

Comment

Originally posted by kkgator View Post
        I wanted to show pictures of the metal (dog house) that was supplied by FB for the build before I attached the metal lathe.
        Seriously?
        Supplied from Forno Bravo?
        It looks like the first year apprentice made it as a homework project.......
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
        X