web analytics
Oven finish and roofing in New Hampshire - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Oven finish and roofing in New Hampshire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven finish and roofing in New Hampshire

Hi All,

I built my oven a couple years ago and didn't have time to finish it before heading off to college and now I am trying to do some repairs and figure out how to protect it better from the snow and freezing rain. I was thinking enclosing the structure in a three-sided wood shed to make it look a little like a maple syrup shack and blend in better with the trees, but I am worried that the heat rising from the front of the oven could burn the roof above if it extends over the front. Could someone please direct me to a build with a simple roof structure suited for snow? Any and all advice/comments would be so appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Lou

Re: Oven finish and roofing in New Hampshire

Send a photo of your oven, that will help.

Put your opening on the high side of the roof.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mrchipster; 07-30-2013, 09:15 AM.
    Chip

Comment

Re: Oven finish and roofing in New Hampshire

I'm in conn. you get more snow than us. use at least a 5 pitch roof 7-8 would be great but that's kind of steep for a small structure go to a local shed comp look at the 8'x8 sheds for a comparison, I did a 5 pitch but used metal studs I don't think it will ever collapse!!

Comment

Working...
      X