web analytics
Length of the 'neck' of the oven. - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Length of the 'neck' of the oven.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Length of the 'neck' of the oven.

Hello everyone.

Just wanting to know if there are any special requirements that need to be considered when building the front 'neck' of the oven which has the chimney and front facade on it.

I was thinking in the case of the fire drawing properly when burning.

Any ideas?

Re: Length of the 'neck' of the oven.

Actually you want to keep it as short as possible. It makes it easier to reach into the oven.
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Les is probably right on this advice. His advice is just about the consensus on entries. I have not worked a shallow entry so I don't really know what "easy" is. Mine is quite deep, but I am able to work it without too much effort. That is with the short time that I have been cooking. I do have zero smoke issues, even at start up. In a few more months I should be able to recommend or, not recommend a deep entry.
      I don't care what folks say behind my back........They are either braggin' or.......lyin'

joe watson

My Build
      My Picasa Web Album

Comment

The oven will draw just fine with no chimney, so the question is one of making it large enough to not impede the natural flow. The neck, per standard design constraints is to keep the angle at less than 45 degrees in the throat and smoke chamber, make the flue at least 15% of the area of the door, and maintain the 62-63% for the door VS oven height.

Comment

Working...
        X