web analytics
Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else?

I built my oven and while curing it, I've found it seems to work well without a chimney. Smoke/heat in the face doesn't seem to be an issue. I'll try cooking some pizzas in a few days and will re-evaluate things then.

so i'm curious, has anyone else gone chimneyless?
    Last edited by markgbe; 08-17-2012, 08:47 AM.

Re: Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else?

Hi Mark,
    It is preferable to have a chimney flue to help your oven "breath better". You want your oven to vent properly. Otherwise, you may risk getting a large amount of smoke. We provide double wall piping at an affordable price. Take a look at our online store for sizes.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our tech support at 800-407-5119. We are more than happy to help.

Comment

"has anyone else gone chimneyless?"

There are probably thousands of "chimneyless" pizza ovens in Italy and Croatia. In fact, I would say that it may be the norm for outdoor ovens there.
      Last edited by Neil2; 08-17-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I would go chimney-less if I built again. When you are firing the oven up you don't stand in front of it, and when you are cooking you are only using the embers? I have not bothered with a door yet either, and can still make great pizzas!

Comment

well, i cooked some pizzas in in this past weekend and they turned out great so i'll definitely be going without a chimney. I even cooked these without my oven insulated (ceramic blanket still enroute via UPS)

Comment

Working...
          X