web analytics
Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else?

I built my oven and while curing it, I've found it seems to work well without a chimney. Smoke/heat in the face doesn't seem to be an issue. I'll try cooking some pizzas in a few days and will re-evaluate things then.

so i'm curious, has anyone else gone chimneyless?
    Last edited by markgbe; 08-17-2012, 08:47 AM.

Re: Built my oven without a chimney... anyone else?

Hi Mark,
    It is preferable to have a chimney flue to help your oven "breath better". You want your oven to vent properly. Otherwise, you may risk getting a large amount of smoke. We provide double wall piping at an affordable price. Take a look at our online store for sizes.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact our tech support at 800-407-5119. We are more than happy to help.

Comment

"has anyone else gone chimneyless?"

There are probably thousands of "chimneyless" pizza ovens in Italy and Croatia. In fact, I would say that it may be the norm for outdoor ovens there.
      Last edited by Neil2; 08-17-2012, 10:14 AM.

Comment

I would go chimney-less if I built again. When you are firing the oven up you don't stand in front of it, and when you are cooking you are only using the embers? I have not bothered with a door yet either, and can still make great pizzas!

Comment

well, i cooked some pizzas in in this past weekend and they turned out great so i'll definitely be going without a chimney. I even cooked these without my oven insulated (ceramic blanket still enroute via UPS)

Comment

Working...
          X