web analytics
Roof Design - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Roof Design

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Design

I need a bit of help designing a roof for a 39 inch corner installation. The only styles I can seem to find are the shed style roof. Any suggestions to make it a little more visual appealing?

Re: Roof Design

Where the heck are you directing runoff? Where the water goes impacts how you construct your roof when it's cornered like that - unless you will be using gutters. (Not sure how you could avoid gutters if you are even considering a shed style roof.)

Modified gambrel or maybe a variant of a monitor barn roof (bi-level). Or 'Tahiti' style w/o the thatch (think those little huts around the swimming pool trying to make it look tropical -should work in a corner and look pretty darn good).

If it will go with your decor, pagoda roofs are very visually interesting. Not what you'd expect on a oven since baking bread is relatively new to China (rice has next to no gluten so it had to be introduced) which could be a plus.

Depending on your carpentry skills, available materials and just how crazy you are, you could modify a shed to have an up arc like a pagoda only steep enough to redirect water. Really different - and potentially a real headache if you don't build it well, have a good way to manage the water or forget to clean up the leaves.

My all time favorite (<- note the dripping sarcasm) is the inverted A-frame. It's visually interesting, I'll give it that - and possibly the most useless roof design ever (unless you like having a waterfall off the end every time it rains). The one I have in mind was built 15 feet or so above the ground on an open structure that is only ten feet wide. Needless to say, you don't use it on a rainy day.

Just use your imagination - and good gutters!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
    X