web analytics
Mobile oven in a van ( France) - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
2 of 2 < >

Burner Tech Support

Forno Bravo has implemented an on line resource for our Commercial Customers to easily access technical information on their ovens.

Included in this section are the following items:

Type 1 Hood Design

FAQ for Burner Support

Wiring Diagram for your control box

Manuals for many of the component parts

Factory Settings for the Omega Control module

Recommended Spare Parts list


Just follow the link below and you can get their. Of course, you can always call in for support during our normal business hours or create a ticket through our on line support email.


http://www.fornobravo.com/support/in...ercial-support

Thanks for participating in our Forum
See more
See less

Mobile oven in a van ( France)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mobile oven in a van ( France)

    I came across this and thought it was pretty cool. Maybe it will spark ideas for those who need to comply with health regulations at festivals.



    This French prefabricated wood fired pizza oven is designed to be installed in a mid sized van.
    The oven was assembled in the vehicle by the operator. A regular route is taken each night, clients either ordering on the spot or by cell phone.

    Miscellaneous: Mobile Pizza Oven. - Pyromasse
    Attached Files
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

  • #2
    Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

    I love these ovens. They're everywhere in southern France.

    Did you have a pizza? Our experience is that French pizza really doesn't compare with Italian pizza, but I guess that's another debate.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

      That does look cool! I though ours was pretty compact, but that's an awesome all weather unit!
      Our was constructed on a purpose built tandem trailer. We have s/s prep benches, 2 sinks (1 handwashing 1 for utensils) hot water and a cool room. We're pretty self sufficent.

      Anyone else out there with a mobile wood oven?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

        That's true, most French pizzas use a thin pastry base and are pretty awful as there's no spring or bubbling crust, but I find the ones from the vans are, in general, much closer to a real Italian pizza... so if you're on holiday in France why not stop at one? You can usually get a beer or soft drink too.
        My rustic oven;
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...oven-6770.html
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

          Originally posted by TBO View Post
          , 2 sinks (1 handwashing 1 for utensils)
          Your health dept must be asleep ( don't wake them up )

          I am building a mobile jam making kitchen. Just your basic squished fruit, pectin and sugar. However, I have to have 7 sinks!!!!

          1 wash sink
          1 rinse sink
          1 sanitize sink
          1 hand wash sink
          1 food prep sink
          1 mop sink
          1 floor sink

          All of the plumbing has requirements about direct and indirect plumbing as well. I must live in one of the most paranoid counties in the US.
          Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

            Originally posted by brokencookie View Post
            However, I have to have 7 sinks!!!!
            Un-Bleeping-Believable!! What good is an immune system if you can't ever put it to use?
            Picasa web album
            Oven-building thread

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

              7 sinks sounds more for like a brick and mortar joint. Are you sure the health inspector knows it is a mobile unit

              I looked into it here in Louisiana and I would need one 3 compartment sinka and one handwashing sink. BUT i do have to have a way to provide warm water to the hand washing sink...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

                Originally posted by JoeyVelderrain View Post
                7 sinks sounds more for like a brick and mortar joint. Are you sure the health inspector knows it is a mobile unit

                I looked into it here in Louisiana and I would need one 3 compartment sinka and one handwashing sink. BUT i do have to have a way to provide warm water to the hand washing sink...
                I think all the health inspectors graduated from Paranoid Univeristy. We call them the dept of NO. They act as if they really do not want you to be in business. As far as the warm water... I have to provide a flow rate of 3 gal per minute @ 105 degrees F. I bought a tankless unit that runs on propane and 2 "D" cell batteries. Then I had to get a variance because the unit is located on the outside of the trailer . I think I am going to switch certifications and go with the dept of agriculture. They seem to be much more reasonable.

                Bruce
                Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

                  Yeah, it's very discouraging to contemplate a bakery business. No wonder why so many don't last - - just to keep up with health inspectors and all that! What a hassle!

                  I am very interested in building a mobile WFO. We have many opportunities for fundraising here, and I think this would be something new and people would go for it.
                  SO....as soon as I finish the one in my back yard....we'll get busy on a mobile one....and then by then MAYBE we'll be in a position to start the gutting and renovation of my kitchen and we'll have so much practice at building we'll put one in there!

                  And, btw, I think this may be my 100th post - what next???

                  Cecelia

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

                    There are 1000's of taco trucks here in LA. Best tacos come off of these roach coaches.
                    I'd like to see some wfo trucks around here though... Most pizzas suck in LA.
                    George

                    My 34" WFO build

                    Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

                      Wow - in Topeka - which is not very big compared to LA and a lot of other cities has no taco trucks and NO good pizza. The best deal on pizza is going to Sam's club. It's cheap and not any better than the more expensive places like Papa John's. Not saying much, is it?
                      There's this new place that people are raving about - it's very bland and they sprinkle italian seasoning on top, so it tastes like very bland pizza with Italian seasoning sprinkled on. ha!
                      Yeah, Topeka, Kansas, is not exactly a place to go for any culinary delights.

                      c

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

                        Hmmm...and I've been wondering what to do with this old ('73) Dodge E350 with a 17' home on it. Maybe a winter project?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

                          Originally posted by cecilB View Post
                          Wow - in Topeka - which is not very big compared to LA and a lot of other cities has no taco trucks and NO good pizza. The best deal on pizza is going to Sam's club. It's cheap and not any better than the more expensive places like Papa John's. Not saying much, is it?
                          There's this new place that people are raving about - it's very bland and they sprinkle italian seasoning on top, so it tastes like very bland pizza with Italian seasoning sprinkled on. ha!
                          Yeah, Topeka, Kansas, is not exactly a place to go for any culinary delights.

                          c
                          It sounds like exactly where I live! our population is 13,000 and the average attendance for our High school football game is 13,500...no kidding, they are also ranked 17th in the nation this year.

                          Our pizza situation is also as bad as yours, the pizza that EVERYONE here loves is the equivalent of Pizza Hut but with a cardboard crust. they sell it at exorbitant prices so only the rich folk can go there and pretend to enjoy their very expensive cardboard crust

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

                            Does anybody have any company names or areas in france where these pizza vans are fitted out,,I have a trailer and am wanting to put a pizza oven in it ...live in england but dont mind travelling

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Mobile oven in a van ( France)

                              Originally posted by brokencookie View Post
                              Your health dept must be asleep ( don't wake them up )

                              I am building a mobile jam making kitchen. Just your basic squished fruit, pectin and sugar. However, I have to have 7 sinks!!!!

                              1 wash sink
                              1 rinse sink
                              1 sanitize sink
                              1 hand wash sink
                              1 food prep sink
                              1 mop sink
                              1 floor sink

                              All of the plumbing has requirements about direct and indirect plumbing as well. I must live in one of the most paranoid counties in the US.
                              All of those regulations are going to sink the project. Our government stifles originality.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X