web analytics
***Is Anyone Here Burning Coal*** - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

***Is Anyone Here Burning Coal***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Is Anyone Here Burning Coal***

Hi All,,

Just was wondering if anyone here was burning coal in their oven ?

Mark

Re: ***Is Anyone Here Burning Coal***

I don't think so. This has been discussed a little bit here.

I think the consensus is that you need a "White Oven" for burning coal. A white oven has a separate combustion chamber to keep the combustion gasses separate from the cooking chamber.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Someone here said they burned hard coal right on the oven floor, I can't find the reference now. It may be worth a try if you have any. There were lots of coal fired white ovens in bakeries, but I think some NYC pizza joints use coal direct in the cooking chamber.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I Have a 5 gallon bucket, I was worried it might be too much heat right on the brick as I had a friend that burned out the bottom of an "old" wood stove using it.. But are the bakeries and ovens that are using it, keeping it right in the oven ?

Comment

Working...
        X