web analytics
isalation layer - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

isalation layer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isalation layer

if the brick dome is on a layer of fire bricks do i need a insalation layer below the fire bricks

Re: isalation layer

Yes, insulation under the floor bricks is critical to a successful oven. The free plans offer a lot of good information on this topic; have you found and downloaded them yet?
    Nikki

Comment

yes i downloaded them but is there a cheaper insalation then perulite and vermiculite because i cant afford it

Comment

unfortunately, perlite/vermiculite is the cheaper option... but the cost definitely balances out in the long run if you weigh it against the cost of wood in an uninsulated oven.
        -jamie

My oven build is finally complete!

Comment

maybe you should build an earthen oven, or is it called a cob oven ? do a forum search, i bet thats the cheapest way you can go

Comment

how much vermerculit do i need for a 48 by 56 by 3.5 insalation layer

Comment

(48 x 56 x 3.5) / 1728 in per cu foot = 5.4444 cubic feet. The portland doesn't much change the volume of the vermiculite.
              My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

so 5 cubic feet of vermiculite sorry new at this so iam a litle mixed up

Comment

will one bag of 90lb portland cement be anuff

Comment

Working...
                  X