web analytics
What ideas do you have about an adjacent pit BBQ? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

What ideas do you have about an adjacent pit BBQ?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ideas do you have about an adjacent pit BBQ?

(M) After reading more forums I see that many builders and cooks are looking for ways to capitalize on the heat potential of extra coals from the Pompeii "igloo".

(M) We have a large enough Foundation Slab to permit us to build a 10' x 2' Hearth Bench along a common wall; a part of which will be within easy reach of the dome entry.

(M) The idea popped into my head today of including some kind of open pit so that the heat of the excess coals could be harnessed.

(M) I have no idea what form or shape this pit should have. Please note that we also are making provision for a sink and 2 electrical outlets.

(M) If you have a pit that works well next to your Pompeii oven, or have done some research, I'd be very appreciative of any ideas, recommendations, caveats, etc. that you would offer.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
    but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

We've decided to build a refractory fireplace (FB prefabricated) off to the side of the pizza oven, and we are setting it high enough to use it as a wood-coal grill. The fireplace will work as a fireplace (of course), a grill platform, and even a home for an electric rotisserie. I hope this will work as a traditional Tuscan grill.

The plan is to set the fireplace relatively high, so that it works well as a straight forward outdoor fireplace for cool evenings, and that it is also high enough to work as a grill. The oven and fireplace are about 8' apart on a common patio.

If you have available space for two "appliances", you can get a lot of uses from them.

Photos to follow.

Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces