web analytics
Cure again or not? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Cure again or not?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure again or not?

Hi All
    Having already cured my oven,(over 20 fires ) my question is, do i need to cure it again after putting another 50mm cement render topping over the outside of my oven.The oven itself is made out of refractory cement (dome) then a layer of insulation and a 50mm layer of cement render.This is the original oven. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Cheers Woodash

Attached Files

Re: Cure again or not?

You should wrap the oven (cling wrap works well) to keep the render moist for a week. This will increase the strength of the outer shell. It sounds daft after all that trouble to rid the inside of moisture, but is worth the effort and extra time required.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

No you don't have to go through more curing fires, but don't waterproof the outside until you've had at least 10 decent cooking firings.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Thanks for the reply David
        I have placed an old blanket around the oven, wetting this each morning for 2 days,(intending to keep moist for a week)then putting a plastic cover over the whole oven.I hope this will achieve the same result.