web analytics
how many firings? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

1 of 2 < >

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum members.

As many may have noticed already, the Community Forum site was briefly down today. While working on scheduled routine maintenance, we encountered an error when trying to add a software update. As the site is now back up and running, some of you may notice that some recent data has been misplaced from November 10th up to today. We are currently working on resolving the issue. The forum has full operational capabilities and we encourage all forum members to continue actively posting in the threads.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. The Forno Bravo family values each and every member of our community. If you have any issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know on our issues thread here:

Thank you for understanding.
2 of 2 < >

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

how many firings?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many firings?

Fired the oven for hours today with both small fires and larger fires. The inside of the oven got hot and seemed like the dome was reflecting the heat well. I could keep my hand in the oven for a few seconds the closer I got to the angled dome fire bricks even away from the fire the hotter it got. I will say I could stick my hand in and touch the floor and it seemed only hot to the touch hours after large firing with a small fire still going. How long before I can actually use the oven to cook pizza? When will the floor take the heat and store it? Is the dome to high and should I consider rising the floor by putting another layer of firebrick over a thin layer of sand or vermiculite insulation? It would take the height of my opening down to 11.5"" if I did this though

Your should bring your oven up to temperture slowly over about 7 firings. That will let everything cure nicely. By the 7th fire, the oven will start to get pretty good, and you will see noticeable improve for the next few firings past that. The slow curing will minimize cracking and the mortar won't shrink or crack as much.

This is one of those things you can't push faster.

It definitely isn't a question of dome height or mass under the cooking floor -- don't worry about that.

Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Door and Dome Heights

I have a dome of 18 inches and a arch on the door of 15 inches.
      I could send in some firebrick and then cement the firebrick onto
      the current hearth which is standard red clay brick made from the
      sod found on the other side of this island.
      Any suggestions?