web analytics
using gelled fire starter - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

using gelled fire starter

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using gelled fire starter

Do you reccomend using the gelled fire starter or safelite fire starter they are little squares wood chips or fatwood firestarter they are 8in in length or does it matter I'm worried about putting something toxic in the oven. Also what is the max size wood I should put in my casa 90 I use very lg size wood in my fireplace about 24 in long and 16 to 20 in diam. I was going to cut up the pallet my casa 90 came on and use that for my curing fires. Thanks for the help everyone

Re: using gelled fire starter

I use Weber Firestarters. Non-toxic, odorless, smokeless lighter cubes for easy fire starting in your wood-burning oven. Just place 1-2 on oven floor with kindling and strike with match! Box - 24 cubes.

Wood needs to be sunstantially smaller than what you are using in your fireplace. I use a max length of 18 inches and approx 2 to 3 inches in diameter. I have a 43 inch circumference cooking fllor.

Re: using gelled fire starter

I have been known to use pieces up to 24" in length with out problems in my Casa110. However, I prefer to stay with the 18" long pieces like Richard.

And isn't burning a great way to get rid of the pallet.

J W