web analytics
How Your Oven Works - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

How Your Oven Works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Your Oven Works

I have been describing verbally how wood-fired ovens wook to folks for a while, and it always makes sense, so I tried to capture it in a series of graphics.

Here are three graphics that show reflective heat, natural convection and conduction. The next posting shows two graphics on how coals work in a brick oven, and then a graphic on retained heat.

They are pretty simple, but does a picture tells a thousand words?

Click on the next posting to see the graphics for using coals and retained heat.
    James
    Attached Files
    Last edited by james; 03-27-2007, 02:46 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

How Your Oven Works

Here are the three graphics on using coals and retained heat.

These are used in the new Wood-Fired Cooking e-Book, to help describe the different ways you can cook with a WFO.

The previous posting shos graphics for Reflection, Conduction and Convection.

Useful?

James
    Attached Files
    Last edited by james; 03-27-2007, 02:47 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: How Your Oven Works

James,

Just starting to look over the PDF, and the first comment I wrote down to send you then was that I thought these graphics are quite usefu. They give new users, even the experienced the whole idea very quickly and concisely.

Jim
      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
      X