web analytics
I can almost smell the pizzas. - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

I can almost smell the pizzas.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can almost smell the pizzas.

I can almost smell the pizzas.

I went out today, the first day Ive had off in months, and got a load of firewood.
    Attached Files
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Re: I can almost smell the pizzas.

Fine load of wood. Looks like the barks slipping already so you've got a head start on drying. I know ya'all have different species and names but, that looks like a load of red oak. Maybe post oak. That's what I would have guessed if the door on the pickup was open on the other side anyways .
    I'll be glad when it is wood cutting weather here .
    I don't care what folks say behind my back........They are either braggin' or.......lyin'

joe watson

My Build
    My Picasa Web Album

Comment

The shorter the lengthsl you cut the easier they are to split. If the stuff is pretty big I like to cut it into 6" slices, leave it to season for a year then it's a piece of cake to split. Nothing worse than having a log that you can't split.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
        that looks like a load of red oak. .
        Its mainly Yellow box with some Redgum, the Yellow box (Eucalyptus melliodora) is dense and heavy weighing about 1100 kg/m3.
        If you try to split it with a hand held wood splitter it just spits the splitter out and you can hardly see the wound you have made.

Originally posted by wotavidone
        Serious timber. I hope you have a serious log splitter?
        Pic to follow of one Ive been making for the last month or so, Im so glad I got back into hydraulics again.
        It should push 30 ton or more at the piston.
        Im waiting on some hose ends then its all go.

Originally posted by david s View Post
        The shorter the lengthsl you cut the easier they are to split. If the stuff is pretty big I like to cut it into 6" slices, leave it to season for a year then it's a piece of cake to split. Nothing worse than having a log that you can't split.
        I cut it all into foot wood, that way we can use it in the lounge heater too.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by brickie in oz; 07-29-2012, 11:43 PM.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

The beast is finished.....
          Attached Files

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Mate that is awesome - GREAT JOB!!

Comment

your a man of many talents.

well done

Comment

That is some good wood.
                Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Working...
                X