web analytics
Re-Curing An Oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Re-Curing An Oven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Curing An Oven

it's my understanding that ovens re-absorb moisture when not in use; when they have been allowed to cool down completely because of lack of use. in such cases is it recommended (or required) that they be re-cured over a several day period, as if new, before cooking again? or is the amount of moisture that they re-absorb during long idle periods negligible, i.e., once a new oven is cured it is ready to go regardless of the time it sits idle?

Re: Re-Curing An Oven

any opinions would be very much appreciated.

Comment

I had a problem with moisture (i.e., water) getting to the back of the oven on the outside and soaking in. I believe I fixed the problem but I now get into the habit of re-curing the oven after the winter (several months of no use) and I also use a small space heater in the oven for 12-24 hours after a heavy rain.

Comment

thanks pa - i went ahead and did a "re-cure" as well just to be safe...

Comment

Working...
        X