web analytics
castable keystone cure - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

castable keystone cure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• castable keystone cure

Wondering if the castable keystone that I have used for the top of cook dome will need extra dry time before I stucco.

Dome complete 2 days ago and now I am doing the entrance arch and vent work. I plan to insulate in about 5 more days and start curing. After a week of curing I will do the first coat of stucco.

2 questions I have regarding this next stage.

1.Is my castable plug keystone about 10" in diam and 4" in thickness going to need extra time to cure before stucco.........like more than the fire brick igloo and mortar cure.

2.Would it be a good idea to leave a small hole in the stucco at the very top of dome for a few months just to let out any possible steam or extra dampness that may be in the oven as it cures and dry out during the start up of the use of the oven and then plug that small hole later on say a month or two down the road? I could even plug a half inch hole with a caulking or something down the road.

Thanks for this Wayne
    Attached Files
    Step by Step of Oven #2 Build... I have built this one in partnership with a friend for a customer that took a liking to my first oven https://picasaweb.google.com/waynebe...42PompeiiOven#

Re: castable keystone cure

1. Castable only needs 24hrs to cure, but you do need to drive the water out slowly m'factureres recommend no more than 50C/Hr
    2. A hole in the top is a good idea and even better if you can make a permanent arrangement to help remove moisture after heavy rain. Someone on the forum has done this and reports good successs. I have a system around my flue/outside shell that does this job too. works well.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
    X