web analytics
how much of dome should clear? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

how much of dome should clear?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much of dome should clear?

Just finishing up the curing process and started to see the clearing dome phenomenon!

What I saw last night was just about a foot in diameter, and a bit more along the seams of my casa80.

There is currently black soot that goes down to about the bottom of the curved ceiling portion of the dome where it meets the more vertical wall portion.

When firing the oven, how much of that black should I generally expect to clear?

Re: how much of dome should clear?

Your whole dome down to the floor should burn clean.

May your Margheritas be always light and fluffy.

I would take your time with the curing though. It will continue to dry out and eventually go completely clear. The more it dries out the faster it will clear.
      My Oven Thread:

Hi ptone!

If your dome has not fully cleared to the floor then you are not (likely) really cured. As other threads note: it can take a couple of months to really dry out a new oven and it will perform better and better as it dries out.

Totally agree with the other replies.... My short personal time blinded me from giving that sound advice also (that curing takes tiiimeeeee...) =P
          May your Margheritas be always light and fluffy.

Well nearly the whole dome cleared last night and was maxing out my 930F infrared thermometer, so I think I'm close. I took my time curing: 8 days of hot dry weather, 4 days small -> medium, 5 days off (out of town) 4 days medium-> large.

Last night was nominally a curing fire because I didn't cook anything, but probably could of. Tonight will be first cooking.

Thanks for all the quick advice.