web analytics
Wet Wood - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Wet Wood

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Wood

Any recommendations for someone who bought what he was told was seasoned wood but turned out to be wet wood? My fire keeps going out..
    Shay - Centerville, MN

My Outdoor Kitchen/Pompeii WFO Build...

Re: Wet Wood

finish drying in the warm oven when finished for the day, stuffing the oven with wood is great for drying wet wood ., if you place a door on oven leave a bit open for steam to escape,

Um, in order to get a fire going to heat the oven to dry the wood, pick up sticks in the yard, and the neighbor's yard, etc. Seriously, just use yard waste to get the oven hot. Once the fire is out, put in the wood you want to dry like Mavano suggested.

The alternative is to stack it and wait for it to dry - and buy some dry wood for the meantime.

The one other possibility is to split it to kindling size then use it with dry wood. A fire that's already hot enough can accept small amounts of wet wood. Not recommended - more work than it's worth.

Find a neighbor with a big oak tree - much better bet!
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka

Hey Shay,,
        I often use pallets,,,Not the older ones,, The new ones are marked with HT branded on them.. Heat Treated to kill bugs,, no insecitsides are used.. Many will surely tell you not to do this.. I have been using only the new ones, I get a lot of them free from Craigslist They light easy and burn great. And would get your wet wood going good... You can also split your "Seasoned" wood you bought again in half. will help it dry faster