web analytics
outdoor grill design drawing / questions - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

Things are progressing in getting things back in order on the Forum! User avatars should be showing up. Attachment and inline images are in the process of being uploaded. We are still looking for a migration path for the Photoplog gallery. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

outdoor grill design drawing / questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outdoor grill design drawing / questions

I came across this nice looking design for an outdoor oven/ grill. It looks quite doable but I am wonder about the 4 inch drop between the edge of the grate and the entry to the chimney. Is there a purpose for this. I have see other plans that have the air entry to the chimney at the same level as the fire. Does this barrier increase heat or increase air flow ?

Bruce
    Attached Files
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Re: outdoor grill design drawing / questions

Can you post a larger picture? Can't quite read the one that was posted.

Thanks!!!
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic

Comment

Ok
      Hopefully this one is better

Thanks

Bruce
      Attached Files

Comment

Still kind of small

Let me try one more time
        Attached Files

Comment

It must be me. I am trying to load this file as a PNG. It is a snapshot from a PDF. If it is still too small check this link

http://www.lsuagcenter.com/NR/rdonly...CampStoves.pdf

and look at Concrete stove #1.

Thanks

Bruce

Comment

The PDF you linked to had two pages, one blank and one a disclaimer paragraph. The images were too small to read the dimensions. From what little I see, it is a convoluted air flow. And, how do you grill with an iron plate on top? Does that come off when you're grilling?
            My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

You're right the drawing calls for a flat iron top - it's really a drawing for a camp stove I bet the thougt is to replace the flat iron plate with a grate.

Without the flat iron plate - it would not draw up the chimney. I'd also bet it took a while to establish a good draw even with the iron plate.

It took a while for the first page to fully upload but the first page is there....

Christo
              My oven progress -
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks christo. I'm going back to plan A for the BBQ. I have actually seen several plans for a "brick BBQ" with the chimney in the back. Your explaination makes perfect sense. I was considering using an iron plate to help redirect the smoke somewhat like an offset smoker. This should be a lesson to me. Stay with the KISS principle ( Keep it Simple, Stupid)

Comment

Working...
                X