web analytics
Stucco for Exterior in the north? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Stucco for Exterior in the north?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stucco for Exterior in the north?

I like the look of Stucco for the oven exterior, but I live in Wisconsin where it gets very cold in winter. Any northerners have experience with stucco? What type did you use and how does it hold up?

Thanks,

Jerry

Re: Stucco for Exterior in the north?

Its not the cold that cracks the stucco, but the water thats absorbed into it when it freezes..Put a roof over it or use some of the newer acrylic products..or both. Just my opinion,but, I am a advocate for a house with a roof over the whole thing....Typical winter freeze/thaw cycle will not be kind to exposed stucco in Wis.
    " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

Originally posted by Garlic Breath View Post
      I like the look of Stucco for the oven exterior, but I live in Wisconsin where it gets very cold in winter. Any northerners have experience with stucco? What type did you use and how does it hold up?

Thanks,

Jerry
      TS is right, a house is much better for our climate, if you really want the dome look, at a minimum build a shed roof over it to keep off some of the rain and snow but you would still want to tarp it in driving rain or snow.
      Chip

Comment

Stucco dome or stucco house? Stucco dome is likely problematic
        My build progress
        My WFO Journal on Facebook
        My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
        X