web analytics
Fireplace in my extended vent landing area - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Fireplace in my extended vent landing area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fireplace in my extended vent landing area

I had to extend my vent landing area to 21 deep to account for a number of planning flaws. Since my inner arch is only 10 1/2 high ( I forgot about the 2 inch shiplap fire tiles I used for the oven floor), I wanted a flared vent landing to be able to comfortably work the oven, so I am 35 in wide from inside of outer arch to inside. Now, I believe that if I had a stainless steel door to cover the inner arch, that I could use the vent landing as a fireplace when I wished. I am currently thinking about my vent floor. Since I have a 1/4 inch heat break all around the arch and floor, stuffed with insblock 19. I could use a real pretty granite or stone of some kind or... use the same 12x12x2 shiplap tiles (fire) for the vent landing floor, AND, use it as a fireplace (no damper needed). For all I know, it may accidently be very "Rumford". What say you all?

Tom
    Attached Files

Re: Fireplace in my extended vent landing area

You don't need to block off your oven to use it as a fireplace. Just rake the fire forward after it's going well, and the same flue gas dynamics that makes your oven burn clean and hot will work up front, as well.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Re: Fireplace in my extended vent landing area

And that is the solution to the fireplace/oven combo conundrum.

Comment

Working...
      X