web analytics
Planning Challenges - Need Help - Pompeii - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

Planning Challenges - Need Help - Pompeii

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning Challenges - Need Help - Pompeii

I'm looking to build my first brick oven using the Pompeii model, but I have a number of restrictions/limiting factors that I could use some help:

(1) I'd like to build a 36" Pompeii as part of a 44"+/- wide and 8'-9' long BBQ island that will back up to my wooden perimeter fence.

(2) My biggest challenge is the recommeded size of the foundation (67" x 78") and block stand (59" x 90") is huge (IMHO) and more than the space I have. My space between my fence and patio cover post is 79" (70" to the post foundation. Is there any practical way to reduce the total size of oven (and the related foundation and block stand) and still maintain 36" interior diameter? My desired capacity is two(2) 15" pizzas (realistic? BTW - I won't go to refractory material, I want FB).

(3) I have a very tight budget and looking to spend maybe $1,000. I'd like to buy from Forno Bravo, but with freight it would be $2,000+ all-in (out of my budget). So I may have to just buy some of the components. I thought I saw a thread about making homemade FB, but couldn't find it a second time. I can buy MFB from the local brick yard for $1.47.

If all of this is too much and not do-able, I suppose I could move the oven project to the corner of the yard and set it up in a 45 degree angle.

I've read many threads and know you guys are pretty creative so I hoping for some good solutions.