web analytics
Pizziaola - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Pizziaola

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizziaola

I found this word on the Forno Bravo Website. I presume it means 'guys who makes pizza'? what is the definition and root of this word? Is this a common title in Italy? I think it is a neat word and would like to know more about it. Help, please!

Pizzaiolo

Yep, that's the word for pizza chef. It ends in "o", because Italian uses "o" and "a" to describe gender. Forno Bravo is masculine, and you yell Brava to a diva and Bravo to a divo. I have never seen a female pizzaiola in a restaurant.

Also, "o" turns to "i" for plural, and the article "il" turns to "i" in front of a "p" for masculine plural. Il pizzaiolo (one); i pizzaioli (plural).

More than you ever wanted to know.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Or less

I've been thinking about the origine of the word, and I still have to do more research on that. It's one of those description terms that has always been around. Like "pizza" itself -- which has any number of theories on the root.

More research on my part... and more to come.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Makes sense.

Thanks, James!
        I've been wondering about the name on my gelato maker "il Gelataio Super".
        It makes perfect (perfecto) sense now.
        If only I could recall all of the Latin the nuns made me learn.

Comment

Working...
        X