web analytics
alternative insullation - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

alternative insullation

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alternative insullation

I am currently in Costa Rica, I want to insulate my pompey oven but can not find vermiculite, permalite or believe it or not volcanic pumice (even though we have many volcanos. what can I use which is easy to find

Re: alternative insullation

I found Perlite and Vermiculite at a local agro store in Pavas, VJ Centroamerica. Phone number is 2220-2011. They are next to the Pizza Hut in Pavas, opposite the boulevard from Antojitos. About 50 meters south of the Pizza Hut.

Good luck!
    my work in progress:

Re: alternative insullation

I am in the Philippines and had the same problem. Looked around a long time but finally found it at an agri store. Farmers use it to acidify the soil and stockyards use it to sanitize the pens. Learned a lot about lime or limestone in my quest. It is one of the ancient materials and responsible for many early stone structures. good luck in your quest. Most cultures use it , you just have to find where.
      Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443