web analytics
Smoke in Primavera Oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues Update

We are continuing to work diligently to resolve the issues currently being experienced with the PhotoPlog. Thank you for your patience!
See more
See less

Smoke in Primavera Oven

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke in Primavera Oven

Ok so very new here and brand new owner of a Primavera oven. I'm in the process of curing the oven and I built a fire for the first time. I noticed a considerable amount of smoke when i moved the fire to the right. Is that normal?

Re: Smoke in Primavera Oven

Hey coolpizza,

Not to worry. We use grease as part of the molding process, and sometimes a little bit of it doesn't come off with the cleaner. It will burn right off and you won't see it again.

Have fun!
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: Smoke in Primavera Oven

Originally posted by james View Post
      Hey coolpizza,

Not to worry. We use grease as part of the molding process, and sometimes a little bit of it doesn't come off with the cleaner. It will burn right off and you won't see it again.

Have fun!
      James
      I noticed a lot of smoke in my Primavera 70 while I cure, also. It has pretty well stained the front edge and I also notices a strange wet, greasy sort of leakage on the left side edge of the entrance. I imagine this is what you mean?

Also, as I look at the hole to the vent, it seems smaller than I would expect, as if a lot of casting material was sort of left behind. Should that be perhaps carefully chipped out?

Comment

Working...
      X