web analytics
what type of Mortor are people using - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum Thread Message

Hello, Forno Bravo Community Forum Members!

The Forno Bravo team has heard the feedback in regards to the community forum. We wanted to take the time to re-enforce our commitment to a fully engaged Forum with professional moderation.

Our top priority as a company is to fix all forum errors and issues that you are experiencing. As we are swiftly working on these problems, we want to say that we highly value the Forum Bravo Community Forum and every single community forum member.

We have set up this thread so that every member can address any concerns, issues and questions about the forum. Please feel free to ask whatever you would like in regards to the forum; let us know what issues you are experiencing so we can work on resolving them as fast as possible. However, we stress that we would like constructive engagement, so please be specific about the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you for all of your patience and continued support.

Link to topic: http://www.fornobravo.com/community/...with-new-forum
See more
See less

what type of Mortor are people using

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what type of Mortor are people using

I started with sairset 7 last fall then got cancer and had to stop
    noiw are the firebricks are coming apart the mortor did not harden or winter was to hard. Thinking of using cement cause it will harden enough to hold the firebricks. Any suggestions????

Michael from Minnesota

Re: what type of Mortor are people using

Hello, and sorry about your health problems.

Sairset 7 and other wet, premixed refractory mortars are not recommended, for just this reason, they don't set hard and they aren't waterproof. These are designed for things like furnace or kiln repairs where the joint is thin, and subjected to high heat soon after the work.

If it were me, now I don't know how far you got, but I'd want to take it apart, clean off the mortar that never hardened, and use one of the recommended dry commercial mortars like refmix or heatstop50, or use the sand-portland-fireclay homebrew mix.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Re: what type of Mortor are people using

my homebrew is hold up great