web analytics
How close to building can an oven be? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

How close to building can an oven be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How close to building can an oven be?

Hey all-

Great site. full of information.

I am planning on building an oven in my back yard and have a pre-existing foundation already constructed that I wanted to use. The issue is the foundations proximity to my neighbors exterior wall. The foundation is 52" X 58" and I was looking at the 42" oven. That would make my back wall under a foot away from a stucco wall. Is this too close? Any advice?

thanks,
    hammer

Close

Hammer,

It is very close. However, if you insulate, insulate, insulate (and your neighbour knows it, you should be fine. It might be overkill, but I'd also add a wall of fire-retardant cement board between the insulation and the stucco wall.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

I too built my oven within a foot from an existing fence and went the cement board/stucco route. Because it was so close to the fence, however, I had to buy a close-quarters drill to attach the boards to the steel studs. Applying the stucco and paint on the back side was also a bit difficult because of the lack of room to manuever.

Comment

Hear the thunder of the Hammer.

Thanks for the advice. The location has now been moved 4 feet to the right and no longer applies. Now a counter top will be located next to the wall and the oven will be in the clear.

ya'll are a great forum...

Comment

i too put a counter next to the wall and now regret it (but just a little because the counter also hides and muffles the a/c unit). the problem is that it makes it difficult to hose down and generally keep clean the area around the oven. just food for thought ...
          my site for our pompeii and tandoor ovens
          www.killdawabbit.com

Comment

Working...
          X