web analytics
Firebricks - Do these look like they will work? - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Photo Galleries are back! Instructions below.

Dear forum users,
Thank you for your patience with the Photo galleries. We've got your galleries online!
We have finished writing a custom script to migrate the PhotoPlog to vBulletin5’s albums.

Unfortunately V-Bulletin killed the "Photoplogs" in their software upgrade which was unforeseen and we're the first development group to have written a script for getting the galleries back... that said, it took some time to reverse engineer the code and get the albums to move over seamlessly!

Forum users will be able to access their “PhotoPlog” images through their user profile page by clicking on the “Media” tab.
They will also be able to browse other albums by going to the albums page. (On the forum site, there is a link in the black bar beside “Forums” to the albums.)

In order for users to create an album please follow the steps below.
1) Go to user profile page and click “Media”
2) Click Add Photos
3) Enter Photo Gallery Title in the first field
4) Click Upload or Select from Photo Album to add photos
5) Click Post
6) Once posted, the album will be created as a “Topic” on the albums page for the public to see. The topic title will be the “Photo Gallery Title” they created before uploading their photos.

To create this migration path we used vBulletin5’s default album structure. Unfortunately, it won’t work like the “PhotoPlog” but is an album/gallery component on the forum now.
See more
See less

Firebricks - Do these look like they will work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebricks - Do these look like they will work?

I found these bricks at a local dealer for 70 cents a piece as stated in an earlier post.

:: Whitacre Greer ::

I can only find low duty on their site but perhaps I'm not looking close enough. Do they seem like they will work?

If so I'm going for 1 pallete! 616 bricks... Here I come oven and smoker!

Re: Firebricks - Do these look like they will work?

70 cents? That's a steal. Those look fine to me. Low duty is exactly what you want. Go for it!

Happy building! Keep us up to date.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Yeah right on target I concur...and 70 cents is a steal...I thought I was doing good with 99 cents
      Best
      Dutch
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

I remember being a little confused about the firebrick I was choosing and was told to weigh them. 8lbs seem to be right. If you are unsure you can always try that.

I think an average oven is about 200 firebricks...are you sure you need 600?
        Check out my oven progress here: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/phot...dex.php?u=4147

See ALL of my pictures here:
        http://picasaweb.google.com/Brevenc/...OutdoorKitchen

Comment

Originally posted by Breven View Post
          ...sure, the rest are for the *next* oven. You know, the one where you get everything right and actually know what your doing.
          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Originally posted by Breven View Post
            Sound like the extra are for a smoker.

These bricks look perfect to me, and probably better than the wire-cut ones I used. Are you getting some red ones too?
            Picasa web album
            Oven-building thread

Comment

Nope, just the tan-red color they have. I'm fairly certain 600 will do. It's costly up front but for 70 cents a piece how can I not build a smoker and maybe a fire pit/grill/or fireplace! If nothing else I can help my pops build himself a smoker and an oven assuming mine comes out ok and that he wants my help...

The supplier had a customer that was contracted to build a commercial oven or something along those lines and then lost the contract after special ordering the bricks from ohio. Their loss my gain! Now making the 4 - 6 trips to transport all the bricks in my titan is going to be a pain! If only I could get my parents 2500HD for the weekend. 2 trips and I'd be done!

Exterior is going to be a field stone that matches my house. Something similar to http://www.home-deals.net/Repository...fc0f3976b7.JPG but mine is not square although the square wouldn't look bad. Perhaps some red brick trim around the arches of the oven?

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Sounds great Mustang! NICE SCORE on the bricks!
                Ken H. - Kentucky
                42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Working...
                X